Society for Developmental Biology 79th Annual Meeting ONLINE
July 9-15, 2020
- Posters will be uploaded to the SDB Meeting App in Whova (PDF Only - Max File Size: 10 MB).
- Recommended Poster Dimensions: Horizontal (6 ft wide x 4 ft high)
- Presenters will have option of uploading a 5-minute video describing their poster (Max File Size: 100 MB).
- Posters will be available for viewing by meeting registrants for 30 days, including meeting dates.
- Note: Session Assignments will go out the week of June 8, 2020 with instructions on how to upload your poster and optional video to Whova.
Poster and Video Upload Instructions
- Poster Presenters will receive an email from our app provider Whova with a link to your unique "Speaker Information" page. If you do not receive an email by Tuesday, June 23, contact email@example.com.
- Click "Add Document" to upload your Poster PDF.
- Click "Add Video" to upload your optional 5-minute video.
- Click "No Thanks" to Whova Distinguished Speaker List.
- Click "Save."
- See Poster Upload Instructions for more details.
Best Student Poster Competition
Participants must upload their poster and required video by Wednesday, July 1, 11:59 PM EDT to be included in the competition.
All Other Posters
Poster presenters not in the best student poster competition need to upload their poster and optional video by Wednesday, July 8, 11:59 PM EDT so they are available for viewing at the start of the annual meeting.
Live Q&A (July 13-15, 2020)
- Poster Presenters (who choose to) will be assigned a Live Q&A session Monday, July 13 - Wednesday, July 15, 11 AM - 4:30 PM EDT. Presenters will be grouped by theme in 30-minute mini sessions. Each presenter in a session will give a 2-minute presentation about their key findings. The group of presenters will then take questions from attendees for 15 minutes.
- Presenters who chose not to participate in the Live Q&A sessions will have their posters (with or without descriptive video) for viewing only.
- Live Q&A Sessions will not be recorded.
Informal Q&A via Chat (July 9-15, 2020)
- Presenters can conduct Q&A about their posters throughout the meeting using the chat function in the app.
Code of Conduct
- Treat virtual posters exactly like in-person posters. Do not cite or reproduce any part of the poster or video without permission from the presenter.
- The SDB Code of Conduct applies to all SDB activities including this virtual conference.
Note: Final scheduling will depend on the total number of submissions.