About the Academy
The mission of the Society for Developmental Biology Academy is to recognize and celebrate the achievements of long-standing SDB members who have made significant contributions to the Society’s overarching goals, while positively engaging with the Society. These contributions may be diverse in nature and include research, mentorship, education, inclusion, and otherwise fostering advancement of the Society and the broader developmental biology community. Elected members of the Academy will serve as ambassadors for SDB. Moreover, the Academy provides a community to those members who demonstrate a long-term commitment to the Society.
2023 SDB Academy Elected Members
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
2023 SDB Academy Honorary Members
Honorary Membership is a special recognition conferred upon SDB Presidents, Developmental Biology Editors-in-Chief, Conklin medalists, Lifetime Achievement awardees, and Hamburger Outstanding Educator Prize winners who meet eligibility for their exceptional leadership, contributions and dedication to SDB and the field of developmental biology.
- Alana O'Reilly, Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Lilianna Solnica-Krezel, Washington University School of Medicine
- Victoria Prince, University of Chicago
SDB Academy Election Committee
The SDB Academy Election Committee (AEC) is tasked with developing guidelines for the Academy selection process and providing recommendations to the Board of Directors. The AEC ensures that the Society acknowledges a broader array of SDB members who have significantly contributed to the field and impacted SDB’s growth and success.
SDB is grateful for the following inaugural AEC members.
- Ken Cho, University of California, Irvine, SDB President-elect and Chair of AEC
- Richard Behringer, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Carmen Domingo, San Francisco State University
- Madison Martinez, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Athula Wikramanayake, University of Miami