Elizabeth D. Hay New Investigator Award
Established in 2017 by the SDB Board of Directors in honor of Dr. Elizabeth D. Hay, this award recognizes new investigators who have performed outstanding research in developmental biology during the early stages of their independent career. The nominee should be at the pre-tenure stage of their career (assistant professor rank) at the time of nomination. Nominees are evaluated on their independence from mentors, as well as the originality, significance, and impact of their research on the broader field of developmental biology. The recipient will deliver an award lecture at the SDB annual meeting.
Deadline is December 15, 2022 11:59 PM ET.
Elizabeth D. Hay Award Recipients
- 2022: Hernan Garcia (University of California, Berkeley)
- 2021: Mansi Srivastava (Harvard University) | Award lecture
- 2020: Celina Juliano (University of California, Davis) | Award lecture
- 2019: Otger Campàs (University of California, Santa Barbara) | Award lecture
- 2018: Christian P. Petersen (Northwestern University) | Award lecture
- 2017: Maria Barna (Stanford University) | Award lecture