Society for Developmental Biology 79th Annual Meeting ONLINE
Live Q&A Format
July 9-15, 2020
- Live Q&A sessions will be held Monday, July 13 - Wednesday, July 15, 11 AM - 4:30 PM EDT.
- Presenters will be grouped by theme in 30-minute mini sessions.
- Each presenter in a session will give a 2-minute presentation about their key findings.
- The group of presenters will then take questions from attendees for 15 minutes.
- Presenters will not be able to share their screen. Attendees will, however, be able to view the posters in the meeting app during the presentation.
- Live Q&A Sessions will not be recorded.
Tips for Presenters
- Consider a 30-second elevator pitch to introduce your research question.
- Focus the rest of your two-minute presentation on key findings.
- Practice. Moderators will cut presenters off at 2 minutes.
Tips for Attendees
- View posters in the Meeting App before the Live Q&A Session you are interested in attending.
- Come to the Live Q&A prepared to ask questions.
- Engage with presenters informally in the app utilizing the chat function in their session.
Code of Conduct
- Treat virtual posters exactly like in-person posters. Do not cite or reproduce any part of the poster or video description without permission from the presenter.
- The SDB Code of Conduct applies to all SDB activities including this virtual conference.