Biocuration Analyst at Xenbase
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
Xenbase (www.xenbase.org) is the online Xenopus bioinformatics and genomics resources used by biomedical researchers worldwide and is funded by the NIH/ NICHD. Xenopus is a major model for studying genomics, cell and developmental biology and modeling human disease. We are seeking a Biocurator Analyst and a Genome Analyst to join the Xenbase team at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati OH USA (PI: Dr. Aaron Zorn).
Biocuration Analyst: This position involves diverse scientific curation tasks, including curation of published research for gene expression, phenotypes and disease models, experiments, reagents and gene function/GO curation, ontology development, and metadata curation of transcriptomic and epigenetic high-throughput datasets.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc+ 2 years’ experience, MSc or PhD degree in biomedical research and/or biocuration.
- Experience with genomics, developmental or cell biology research, particularly Xenopus, or other vertebrate models.
- Experience working with ontologies, biocuration and/or biological knowledgebases.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application by May 31st, 2023, to [email protected]
Include the following information:
- A cover letter, including a statement of interest/purpose.
- Copy of your degree(s)
- List 3 references/referees whom we may contact (please include their postal address, email, and phone number).
Last Updated 05/19/2023