Faculty, Open Rank, Dept. of Anatomy and Cell Biology
Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine at New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM
We invite applications for a full-time, 12-month faculty position in the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology. Hiring rank will be based on experience and accomplishments. We are seeking an innovative and energetic team member with strong pedagogical versatility and a deep commitment to medical education along with a passion for scientific research and scholarship.
Anatomy and Cell Biology is one of three basic science departments in the College and is responsible for providing anatomical curricular content in the osteopathic medical curriculum. The primary responsibilities of this position involve teaching in the first and second year systems and laboratory courses.
- Earned terminal degree (PhD, DO, MD, DSc, etc.), by start date, although candidates with a Master’s degree earned from an anatomical science program or several years teaching in the anatomical sciences may be considered as well.
- Experience teaching an anatomical science at the undergraduate or graduate/professional level.
- Record of or demonstrated potential for growth in scholarly activity or research in the candidate’s chosen field.
- Passion for teaching, mentoring, and engaging with students in a collaborative educational setting.
- Post-doctoral experience
- Experience or interest in developing and using active teaching methods such as team-based learning, ‘flipped classroom’, problem-based learning, distance learning, interactive large group presentation, audience response systems.
- Willingness to learn and teach content in more than one anatomical sciences, i.e., cell biology, embryology, histology, gross anatomy, neuroanatomy.
- Familiarity in teaching with various medical imaging modalities (e.g.: CT, MRI, ultrasound).
- Experience teaching in a medical education setting.
Last Updated 10/21/2022