Strategic Plan and Board of Governors Manager, Society for Developmental Biology, Rockville, MD
Download Full SPM Job Posting
The Society for Developmental Biology is seeking a Strategic Plan and Board of Governors Manager (SPM). The SPM will work alongside the Strategic Planning Committee, the Executive Director, Executive Committee and Board of Directors members to ensure progress towards the long-term goals outlined in the Strategic Plan.
- Leads the execution of the SDB long term strategy and translates it for the BOD and the membership.
- Works with the SPC and the ED to plan and execute new strategic planning processes, and monitors and reports on progress of existing strategic plans.
- Identifies and receives deliverables.
- Monitors metrics for success and failure of initiatives.
- Communicates progress to the BOD and the membership, by developing communication materials, monitoring Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) or milestones, and preparing agendas for the SPC.
- Manages and provides support to aid SDB committees (see strategic plan working groups) as well as assists in budgeting of the projects.
- Assists organizational change forging synergies across the SDB.
- Establishes greater transparency and accountability for the SP working groups by carrying out the society’s strategic goals.
- Works with two new bodies within the Society, the ad hoc Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) and the Board of Governors (BOG).
- Serves as the key administrator for the BOG.
- Works with other SDB staff members and reports directly to the SDB President/ ED.
- Provides overall staff administration for the SDB BOG and ensures all activities are executed with the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Administers all BOG operations, including meetings, reporting, and appointments.
- Works with the ED to establish agendas and facilitates the smooth operation of BOG meetings.
- Establishes and cultivates professional relationships with BOG and members to support fiscal responsibility and further professional and effective decision-making.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on all appropriate legal and strategic matters.
- Works with BOG, BOD and ED to research potential donors and sponsors.
- Performs all other job-related duties as required or assigned by the President/ED.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to provide a comprehensive listing of job requirements. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SPM skills and qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in the biological sciences required. Ph.D. in the biological sciences preferred.
- Dynamic team player with effective and respectful interpersonal skills.
- Proficient communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and with multiple projects in different phases of execution.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks within deadlines.
- Familiarity and experience working with scientists and academics.
- Full understanding of and support for the basic science research enterprise and culture.
- Experience in preparing presentations and organizing workshops.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop/Illustrator, or other graphics software
- Experience with Zoom and online communication platforms (social media, websites, etc.)
- Experience with grant searches and writing
- Maintains confidentiality of discussions held at the meetings and in all business interactions.
- Proven project management skills with evidence of progressively increasing level of responsibility and authority.
- Experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
- Experience with fundraising preferred.
Apply Here: https://www.faseb.org/careers/apply-for-position?job=34
Last Updated 11/23/2021