The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Sangeeta Dhawan, with interest in studying the epigenetic regulation of pancreatic beta-cell mass in health and diabetes. In addition, the lab is interested in the dynamics of beta-cell diversity, islet organization and cell-cell interaction in fetal and neonatal development. The Dhawan lab utilizes genetic mouse models, molecular biology and epigenetic techniques to study the cellular identity, function, remodeling, and survival of beta-cells in physiological and pathological conditions.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
• PhD in Molecular, Cellular or Developmental Biology.
• Strong interest in diabetes research.
• Extensive experience with basic molecular biology skills.
• Experience with tissue collection, histology, immunohistochemistry, and cell sorting.
• Experience with cell culture, immunofluorescence, and flow cytometry.
• Strong work ethic, meticulous and detail-oriented record keeping habits.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Evidence of productivity reflected in first author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
• Good problem solving skills and passion to follow relevant literature.
• Ability to conduct independent research, and work effectively in a team.
To Apply, send CV with statement of interest and three references to: Sangeeta Dhawan, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org