Humboldt State University’s Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for an AY full time temporary faculty position in Animal Developmental Biology and Cellular Biology for AY 2019-2020, with anticipated reappointment for AY 2020-2021. Subsequent reappointment to AY 2020-2021 will be contingent upon satisfactory performance evaluation, budget and programmatic need.
Earned Master’s or equivalent in developmental biology or related field from an accredited college or university is required at time of appointment. Completed Ph.D. or ABD preferred.
Successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
• Previous experience in teaching introductory biology; at least at the graduate assistant level;
• Expertise in animal developmental biology;
• Expertise in cellular and molecular biology;
• Commitment to and/or experience promoting and fostering a learning environment that
is supportive of individuals from diverse backgrounds;
• Potential for effective teaching or teaching experience using a variety of methodologies;
• Interest and ability to teach a broad range of courses
• Letter of application;
• Curriculum vitae;
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy;
• Teaching evaluations, if available;
• Graduate transcripts (unofficial copies are sufficient for initial review); and
• Names and contact information for three professional references.
Full vacancy announcement: