Funding Opportunity for Underrepresented Minority Trainees to attend Germinal Stem Cell Biology Gordon Research Conference
The 2019 Gordon Research Conference on Germinal Stem Cell Biology: Germ Cell Programming in Vertebrate Biology, Medicine and Biotechnology will be held May 19-24, 2019 at Courtyard by Mariott Hong Kong Sha Tin.
Unique opportunity for Underrepresented Minority Trainees!
Conference registration fee of $1,575 (attendance, hotel and all meals) will be waived for 3 qualified minority trainees to attend.
Qualified candidate must:
- Belong to underrepresented minority (URM) group: Hispanic/Latinos, Black/African Americans, Native American/Aboriginals, Alaskan Natives, Native Hawaiian and US Pacific Islanders, and other ethnic groups underrepresented in STEM.
- Be a trainee: graduate student or a post-doc no more than 5 years after obtaining PhD degree.
- Be actively engaged in reproductive and developmental biology research, and especially in research on germ cells, germinal stem cells, gametes, and early embryos.
- Be prepared to submit an abstract and present findings in a form a poster.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident residing within the United States and its territories.
If interested, please inquire with a conference chair: Monika Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support will be provided on first come first serve basis.
Last Updated 04/17/2019