Aquaculture Technician, New York University
Team setting supporting research at the Knaut and Torres-Vázquez labs. Oversight of a 1000 sq. ft. 3500-tank aquaculture facility, breeding, and rearing zebrafish, maintenance/repair of the water system and experiments investigating the genetic regulation of vascular development.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Fisheries or related fields.
- Availability to start January-April 2019.
- Two-year commitment.
- Desired: Aquaculture experience, hands-on knowledge of plumbing and electrical repairs and research experience.
- Excellent time management, ability to work alone and with others, strong communication skills (position involves communicating with lab members and the NYU Facilities/Maintenance staff).
Salary starts at $42,000 and includes a benefits package. Ideal for acquiring lab experience before embarking on a Master’s in Biology or related field.
Email email@example.com (subject line: "2019 Zebrafish technician: your name". Attach CV (entitled "2019 Zebrafish technician CV: your name") as a single file. Include at the top of the document:
- Name, current address (city, state, country), telephone.
- Availability date.
- Degree(s), date(s) awarded and GPA(s).
- Name, title, e-mail and phone number of three references (state in what capacity these references know you).
- A short paragraph describing your interests and experience relevant to this position.
Last Updated 12/11/2018