Society for Developmental Biology 74th Annual Meeting
Snowbird, UT, July 9-13, 2015
Lodging Reservations: Participants must make their own hotel reservation directly with Snowbird by one of the following means:
- Online Reservation: Visit https://store.snowbird.com and enter the group code 2BP9U5 for SDB rates. Please note full payment (room plus tax) will be charged at time of booking by this method. Payment is fully refundable if cancellation is made up to three (3) days prior to arrival. This option is available for standard bedrooms in The Cliff Lodge only.
- By Phone: Call Snowbird Central Reservations at 1-800-453-3000 and mention SDB Meeting for group rate. A one-night deposit per room will be charged to the guest’s credit card at the time of reservation. Deposit is fully refundable if cancellation is made up to three (3) days prior to arrival date. Room and tax for the entire stay will be automatically charged to the credit card on file three (3) days prior to arrival. This option is available for all room types in The Cliff Lodge and The Lodge at Snowbird (condos and lofts).
- International lodging reservations (outside US & Canada) may be made online or by calling the Reservation Center at 00-800-4400-5511.
Group Rate: The SDB group rate only covers the nights of July 8-12 and is subject to availability. The deadline for making reservations at the group rate is June 7, 2015. After this date rooms and group rate are subject to availability.
Room Sharing: Attendees who wish to split charges amongst roommates and their respective credit cards must make their reservation by phone (1-800-453-3000; mention SDB) and provide the operator with roommate names and their own credit card information. Each roommate must call in and provide their card information to confirm reservation.
Lodging Cancellations: The individual lodging reservation deposit or full payment is fully refundable for cancellations made up to three (3) days prior to arrival date. Reservations cancelled within three (3) days prior to arrival date will be charged one (1) night’s lodging and tax. After check-in, reservations are fully non-refundable. No-shows and early departures are considered cancellations. Guests are required to call Snowbird in case of a delayed arrival and provide evidence of such upon check-in.
Lodging Types and Rates:
The Cliff Lodge
Online reservation is available for standard bedrooms only at https://store.snowbird.com by entering group code 2BP9U5. For Deluxe or Spa level rooms call Central Reservation Office at 1-800-453-3000 and mention “SDB Meeting” for group rates.
Room Types and per night rates:
|Standard bedrooms||$139 s/d||$149 tri||$159 quad|
|Deluxe or Spa level||$159 s/d||$169 tri||$179 quad|
The Lodge at Snowbird
Reservations must be made by calling Central Reservation Office at 1-800-453-3000 and mention “SDB Meeting” for the group rates. There is limited availability at The Lodge at Snowbird so book early if interested.
Room Types and per night rates:
|One bedroom condo||$179|
|Condo with loft||$389|
Resort Fee: A fee of $10 per room per night will be added to the guestroom bill as incidental charges. A portion of the fee is matched by a congressional grant through the National Forest Foundation funding local organizations such as the Cottonwood Canyons Foundation for nature preservation. The fee also covers the following amenities: in-room and most public place high speed wireless internet, fitness center use, in-room coffee in the Cliff and hot beverages in the Lodge at Snowbird, USA Today, 800 number phone calls, faxing and first 15 minutes free computer use in business center, free self parking at all lodges plus valet parking at the Cliff.
Room Taxes: Utah state sales tax (currently 11.6%) applies to all lodging and fees.
Check-in/out: Check-in begins at 4 pm and is guaranteed by 6 pm. Check-out time is 11 am. Photo ID is required at check-in along with a credit card or cash deposit for incidental charges, Debit cards are not recommended.
Airport Transportation: Airport shuttles may be arranged while booking lodging or up to 72 hours prior to arrival. See instructions here.
Group Concessions at Snowbird for Meeting Registrants:
- Discounted Cliff Spa Access: Access to the exclusive Cliff Spa will be discounted 50% ($12.50 per person, per day instead of $25) for all SDB attendees registered as overnight guests. Guests must show their hotel registration card at the 9th floor spa desk which identifies them as with SDB (minimum age 16). The Cliff Spa includes a relaxing solarium, full-service salon, eucalyptus steam room, dry sauna, yoga room, rooftop lap pool, large hot tub plus extensive cardiovascular and training equipment. SDB attendees may participate in yoga classes at no additional charge. Daily access fee is waived with the purchase of select treatments. The Cliff Spa will provide SDB attendees with 20% off select spa treatments. Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts, promotions or packages.
- Discounted Aerial Tram Rides at $7 each (typically $18 per ride). This discount will be available at the Snowbird Center Ticket office, located on level 3 of the plaza deck. SDB attendees must show their hotel registration card or their conference credentials to redeem their Tram discount.
Camp Snowbird: Camp Snowbird is a licensed, state of the art child development facility located at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon. They provide day camp and private babysitting on-site at the resort. For more information and rates click here.