Inclusion and Outreach Committee
- Crystal Rogers, University of California, Davis (Chair, '26)
- Dan Bergstrahl, University of Rochester (’23)
- Carmen Domingo, San Francisco State University ('23)
- Loydie Jerome-Majewska, McGill University ('23)
- Ellen LeMosy, Augusta University ('25)
- Anita Quintana, University of Texas at El Paso ('25)
- Ida Chow (ex officio)
The guiding principle for this committee is: “Development for all' – creating an environment where anyone interested in developmental biology and related disciplines is welcomed, supported and provided equal opportunity to excel. The IOC, a standing committee with representation on the Board of Directors, will oversee the design and implementation of programs to be undertaken by the SDB that is aligned with this mission.
- Maintain a culture within SDB that encourages and facilitates diversity and inclusion.
- Identify and dismantle barriers to entry, participation and retention within SDB.
- Work in partnership with other organizations and societies to maximize the effectiveness of inclusion and diversity initiatives in SDB and across disciplines.
- Promote training and participatory opportunities at annual SDB conferences.
- Work towards promoting greater representation and participation of individuals belonging to underrepresented groups in regional and national meetings, committees and governance processes.