Opportunity for Assistant Professors at the Japanese Society of Developmental Biologists Meeting
I am delighted to inform you of an exciting opportunity to attend the Japanese Society of Developmental Biologists (JSDB) Meeting in Kyoto, Japan, scheduled for June 19-22, 2024.
The JSDB has organized a session on “Chromatin and Gene Expression Dynamics in Development” as part of their annual meeting. Two attendees from North America (at the level of assistant professor or an equivalent position) will have the privilege to present their work in English.
Additionally, participants will be invited to serve as poster judges, further integrating into the activities of the JSDB. If your research aligns with the fields of developmental epigenetics and epigenomics, I encourage you to consider this opportunity.
The SDB is committed to supporting up to two attendees by providing reimbursement of up to $3000 USD per individual, contingent on submission of relevant receipts. JSDB will additionally waive their meeting registration fee. For more information about the meeting, please visit the 2024 JSDB Meeting website. The program has not been fully determined yet and will be updated soon.
Should you wish to apply, please submit your abstract before November 17, 2023. Your application must include:
- Name, position, affiliation, email address
- An abstract of no more than 250 words
- Up to three authored papers that correlate with the abstract's content
- An indication of your willingness to serve as a poster judge upon request by the JSDB
The selection process will be overseen by a committee set up by the SDB. Applications will be assessed based on:
- The relevance of research to the session's theme
- Demonstrated expertise related to the topic
- Active SDB membership at the time of application (2024 dues paid)
- Willingness to serve as a poster judge
Thank you for considering this opportunity.
Ken Cho, Ph.D.
Last Updated 11/02/2023