Lead Research Specialist, The Gorkin Laboratory, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
The Gorkin Laboratory, (https://gorkinlab.org/), for epigenomics research at Emory University seeks a research specialist to perform experiments that reveal how cells regulate epigenomic information and gene expression.
The specialist will be trained to perform epigenomic and single-cell experiments including RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, and CUT&RUN. Additional duties will include organization of laboratory reagents maintenance of laboratory equipment, and other contributions to laboratory management.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field and two years of research experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships in a diverse laboratory environment
- Desire to work in an epigenomics lab and learn new techniques
- Demonstrated ability to perform molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA preparation/extraction, and gel electrophoresis
- Hands-on experience with epigenomic assays such as ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, or ATAC-seq is a plus, but not required
- Experience culturing mammalian cells
- Patience and attention to detail in carrying out experimental protocols
- Programming experience and/or experience in a UNIX command environment are a plus, but not required
- Commitment of at least two years is strongly desired
To view the full job description and to apply to the Lead Research Specialist (63131), please go this link: https://staff-emory.icims.com/jobs/63131/job
Last Updated 02/09/2021