The Matsuoka lab at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute seeks 1-2 postdoctoral fellows to join. We study the cellular and molecular basis of vascular and lymphatic assembly in the central nervous system (CNS) and meninges using the zebrafish model.
Specific areas of research in our laboratory include:
1) fenestrated vs non-fenestrated brain vascular development
2) the mechanisms driving the generation of brain vessel heterogeneity
3) spatiotemporal regulation of CNS vascular patterning
4) congenital CNS vascular and lymphatic malformations.
We are seeking highly motivated recent graduates with a Ph.D degree in biological sciences. The successful applicant is expected to apply for external fellowships, present data at scientific conferences, and prepare manuscripts for publication. Candidates with a publication record in developmental biology, genetics, neuroscience, or cell biology are preferred.
Review of applicants will continue until the position is filled. The contract will be renewed annually and extended for up to 5 years, dependent upon satisfactory progress and the lab’s funding situation.
Interested individuals should submit a single PDF file containing the following materials to Ryota Matsuoka (email@example.com):
1) CV, including a list of publications and contact information for 3 references
2) Cover letter describing research interests and career goals