Research Tech, NYU
The Torres-Vazquez lab studies vascular biology using zebrafish and cultured cells at NYU’s Skirball Institute.
- Cell culture (CRISPR knockouts, shRNA knockdowns, cellular impedance)
- Biochemistry (protein expression, IP, Westerns)
- Molecular biology (cloning, sequencing, construct design)
- Confocal microscopy
- Zebrafish microinjections (transgenesis and genome editing), genotyping, phenotyping (morphology, RNA in situ hybridization, immunofluorescence)
- Participation in lab meetings/journal clubs
A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or Genetics. Experience with cell culture, biochemistry, zebrafish, genetics or molecular biology.
Self-motivated, fast learner, curiosity-driven, responsible, enjoys working at the bench and with others.
Please email Jesús Torres-Vázquez (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject heading, “Lab Tech application 2017: your name” and send your CV as a single PDF that starts with:
- Name, current living address (city, state, country), e-mail and phone number
- Availability date
- Degree(s), date(s) awarded and GPAs
- Name, e-mail and phone number of three references (state relationship: mentor, etc.)
- Describe your experience relevant to this position (12 lines).
You may find more information about me here.
Last Updated 03/02/2017