Education Section Archives
1999 SDB Annual Meeting Poster Presentations on New Approaches to Science Education
[Note: some of these posters are on an author's own Web server.]
- Critical Thinking, The Scientific Method, and Page 25 of
Dany S. Adams, Department of Biology, Smith College, Northampton, MA
embryology / developmental biology by reading classic and current research, discussing
articles and concepts, and doing original laboratory research
J.E. Heady. Univ. of Michigan-Dearborn.
as one of the liberal arts: Linking introductory courses for science literacy
S.R. Singer, M.S. Rand, R.O. Elveton, K.M. Galotti and L.K. Komatsu.
Carleton Coll., Northfield, MN
to create a poster that graphically communicates your message
K.W. Tosney. Univ. of Miami, Coral Gables, FL.
- Using Caenorhabditis elegans to
teach organelle localization in an undergraduate lab course
G.V. Clokey and L.E. Urven. Univ. of Wisconsin-Whitewater, Whitewater,
- Titles and abstracts of all posters.
Hints to Enliven Lectures
- Looking for some science humor on the web? Check out these sites:
- Ig Nobel Prize: the website where prizes "are awarded to individuals whose achievement cannot or should not be reproduced."
- The Annals of Improbable Research